Australia’s largest businesses are increasingly required to demonstrate how they manage the range of physical and transitional risks associated with a changing climate.
How we work
For more than 35 years, we've been providing businesses with integrated tailored solution to maximise business value. With extensive energy and carbon management experience across all industries our work is focused across six services:
Our contribution to a carbon neutral society
In June 2008, Energetics became one of Australia’s first consulting firms to achieve carbon neutrality through the Australian Government’s Greenhouse Friendly Program.
Since the FY19 reporting year, our carbon neutrality has been certified under the Climate Active Carbon Neutral Standard (formerly the National Carbon Offset Standard – NCOS) for Organisations. Climate Active is a partnership between the Australian Government and Australian businesses to drive voluntary climate action.
This approach aligns with Energetics’ commitment to best practice calculation of our complete emissions profile and with how we have assisted some of our clients with becoming carbon neutral. We offset 100% of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with the complete lifecycle of our organisation. Our offsets are sourced from projects that are Verified Carbon Standard (VCS) or Gold Standard accredited and contribute to Sustainable Development Goals 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy), 9 (Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure) and 13 (Climate Change).
In keeping with our Sustainability Policy, we drive continuous improvement by identifying and implementing internal carbon mitigation, sustainable procurement and behavioural change projects. Being a sustainability role model is one of our core business values.
Energetics maintains membership of a variety of related industry organisations. A number of employees are also members of boards and committees within these organisations and others focused on professional excellence in climate risk and energy management.
- Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC)
- Qantas Future Planet program
- Business Renewables Centre Australia (BRC-A)
- Energy Efficiency Council (EEC)
- The Australian Life Cycle Assessment Society (ALCAS)
- The Australian Institute of Energy (AIE)
- Australian Alliance for Energy Productivity (A2EP)
- Business Council for Sustainable Development Australia (BCSD Australia)
- Carbon Markets Institute (CMI)
- Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB)
At Energetics' we pride ourselves on providing the best possible experience for our customers as well as upholding our commitments to the community. Some of the awards we have won over the past three decades are listed below:
- 2020 Australian Business Award for 'Service Excellence'
- 2016 Financial Review Client Choice Award for 'Niche Firm Leader'
- 2015 Australian Business Award for 'Service Excellence'
- 2015 Australian Business Award for 'Marketing Excellence'
- 2014 BRW Client Choice Award for 'Best Value Firm'
- 2014 BRW Client Choice Award for 'Best Consulting Engineering Firm with Revenue <$50M'
- 2014 BRW Client Choice Award for 'Best Professional Services Firm with Revenue <$50M'
- 2012 Australian Business Award for 'Service Excellence'
- 2012 Australian Business Award for 'Recommended Employer'
- 2011 BRW Client Choice Award for 'Best Value Professional Services Firm'