The links below support the information presented by Megan Born, Head of Analytics and Reporting, at the Minerals Research Institute of Western Australia (MRIWA) Net Zero Emission Mining in Western Australia conference on 13 October 2021.
Identifying and measuring greenhouse gas emissions across the mining value chain.
- GHG Protocol corporate standard
- GHG Protocol scope 3 guidance
- NGA factors (scope 1+2, some scope 3)
- LCA sources (other scope 3): AusLCI, Ecoinvent, Exiobase
Types of targets, inclusions and requirements.
- SBTi net zero guidance
- SBTi set a target
- Climate Active technical guidance
- Sectoral decarbonisation approach (SDA) and 'Aligning corporate greenhouse-gas emissions targets with climate goals'
Understanding the pre-decarbonisation emissions trajectory.
Developing processes and tools to map and monitor emissions, and metrics or KPIs.